Tuesday, October 01, 2002

A weird experience

I am not one who usually gets emotional while reading books, but I just finished chapter 3 of Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo. And the last half of the chapter is Joe leaving for the war...Wow! I have never read something so powerfully moving. If you get a chance, pick up the book.

What else?

Not much actually. I went, with my ma and some of her friends, to the Cubs game on Sunday...You go, Sammy!

I will start plugging now.

beYond thAt is going to have a fund raiser on Monday, October 14, at Louie's Pub on the corner of North and Paulina in Wicker Park. For a $5 cover you get $4.50 pitchers of beer and $2.50 well drinks. There will be free pool and karaoke. Also, we will be having a raffle for CDs, t-shirts, tickets to our Jan-Feb production of The Tooth of Crime by Sam Shepard, and a 50/50 raffle.

All the proceeds will be going to help us meet our $4,000 goal for The Tooth of Crime. Please feel free to e-mail or leave a comment if you have any questions.

Peace!


No comments: