Monday, October 03, 2005

Serenity

The Balad of Serenity (an mp3 link)
by Joss Whedon

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...


I have never been a fan of Sci-Fi. I prefer stories about human follies and triumphs versus those of aliens and laser gun toting superheroes.

I love Firefly; a t.v. show that was canclled after only 1/2 a season. I love Serenity; the movie that opened this past weekend and is a follow up to the tv show.

I love a sci-fi movie and tv show. Why is this? Well, I think it is because both are about people. Not about laser guns or spaceships. They follow flawed, real people.

anyhoo...

SEE THE MOVIE...

this was a wast of time post, but heck...your are reading it anyway


1 comment:

skribe said...

Good SF should always be about people. Sadly, most producers of the genre seem to have forgotten that.

skribe