Tuesday, July 16, 2002

A New Hobby, Really

So, I think I have a new hobby.

Last Sunday Tripp, Trish, Leo, Sherry, and I went to the Old Town School Folk and Roots Festival, and I participated in something I havenít done it years. I participated in a Barn Dance. Jeeze Louise, I had fun. Really. Never thought I would, but, dang, what a work out and it is plain fun.

So, last night I went The Chicago Barn Dancers' regular Monday night dance at The Abbey Pub. I had a ball. It is on Monday nightsí at 8 p.m. Try to go sometime. Everyone is there just to have fun. No pressure and they really help us new comers.

The only bad thing is my ankle went out on me towards the end of the night. I have finally made a Dr. appointment for itÖthis is about the 12th time in 2 years that it has either rolled or sprained or something. Usually, the pain fades after several hours, and I walk with a small limp the next day and normal the following day. But what ever I did last night was just wrong. It is not swollen as bad as normally (a phrase nobody should be able to say), but the pain was so bad I couldnít sleep last night. So, after much trepidation, I am going to the Dr. tomorrow.

Anyway, I canít go to the dance next week due to the show, but the following week I am going. Click the contact me link at the top of the page if you want more info.

Veritas vos liberabit (The truth will set you free)

Peace.

No comments: