Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Simple enough, right? Well, apparently not. A gentleman was arrested for wearing a peace t-shirt in the mall. It just so happens that he bought the shirt in the same mall. He got arrested after a mall employee was offended and called security. Security asked him to remove it, and he said no. He was the arrested.

So, let me get this straight, if someone does something that offends me I can have them arrested.

How can I say how much this pisses me off? Let's see. We all have the right to free expression. I know, some of you are saying I am only saying this because he was wearing a shirt I agree with...well, Bite Me! I would say it if he were wearing a shirt with a pentagram and a bleeding goat on it. I certainly would not agree with it, and it may offend me. BUT, he has that right. I know I have worn, said, written things that some might find offensive. To them I say, call the security guard and arrest me...piss off. If someone is so ... so in their own world that they can not simply turn their head and ignore it for the 30 seconds it takes for the gentleman to pass by.

This bullshit is being perpetuiated by the administration. They are hell bent on making us afraid. Afraid of weapons of mass destrucion, germs, EACH OTHER. FUCK YOU!!! I refuse to stand idly by while my rights are being pissed on. I refuse to let a government make me afraid. I refuse. You know what...read the last sentence of the...here I'll brign it here... and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. Well that is what i am doing Shrub. KISS MY ASS!!!

God, I am pissed off.

Peace

No comments: