Thursday, March 06, 2003

Calm

Now that I have calmed down a bit, let me say (note: this is in response to Cliff's comment on yesterday's blog...I was responding in the comments, but it got too long) I, too, am perplexed by the Bush hating. I stated in an earlier blog that I have utmost respect for the president and most importatly the presidency. I don't agree with him, but he has an unenviable job that deserves my respect. Being one of the peace activists I do not think the anti-Bush stuff works. I understand it, but it is not the way to get people attention for the exact reason you mention.

My issues yesterday arose out of fustration of the society of fear his administration has caused. Him constantly saying you are either with us or against us has started to work. The propaganda machine is turning us on each other. These are trying times, and instead of trying to split the nation he should be working to try to mend it. There are issuse here that are being pushed down the slide and not getting the attention they need.

Yesterday was a rant, but today I am much more calm.

I, too, pray for our soldiers. I love and respect them. They are part of the reason I protest this or any war. We do not need any more parentless children, widowed spouses, grandparents out living thier children. They are a major reason I fight for peace.

Peace and Love

No comments: