Thursday, June 20, 2002

?

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of The United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Tripp has a blog discussing allegiance. Where do we focus our allegiance as Christians, and how can we reconcile this with, say, allegiance to our country? Please read his blog, as I want to discuss the above question. [Now, if Tripp is the only one who reads this, I guess you donít have to re-read your own blog.]

ìThe EP [Ekklesia Project] uses warfare as an example of our misplaced allegiances. Why should Christians be compelled to kill other Christians? Why should we be compelled to kill at all? We slaughter one another in the name of national allegiances. This, again, is misplaced allegiance. Our Christian allegiance should inform the other. Not the other way around.î (from Trippís Blog)
Not only have people slain each other in the name of national allegiances, but in the name of their God(s). In face both, simultaneously, are happening right now in Israel/Palestine. I think right now is a time for all of us to rethink where we need to be focusing.

Still working on this one. Will write more when I can form a coherent thought.

In the mean time I will partake in the current trend of bloggers...thanks to Sarah for letting me steal this without her knowledge.

A to Z
A - Animals/Pets: None...yet
B - Best Friend(s):Mike, Tripp, Todd
C - Cohabitants: Kaite the Stuffed Bear
D - Desire(s):To be a working theatre artist (note...not just actor. I would enjoy any part of it). And neve have to work in an office again.
E - Eye Color: Brown.
F - Favorite Food(s): Pizza, and Breakfast
G - Games: Trivial pursuit and cranium
H - Habit(s): ummm...too many to mention (always up to late, nail biting, etc.)
I - Interests: Books, writing, discussion, live music
J - Job: Artist, and office worker
K - Kitchen (Wonder or Blunder?): Love to cook, but don't do so that much...due to my 12 sq. foot kitchen
L - Languages: English, bits of Greek, German, Spanish and Italian.
M - Most Valued Possession(s) (an item, not people/pets): Really can't think of one (I do like my books, but if they disappeared I would not be hurt.)
N - Name (Named after?): St. Justin. My dad used to drive by a church in Key West (we he was stationed there) and really liked the name
O - Outfit You Love: Jeans and t-shirt
Pizza Toppings: Anything except anchovies and fruit
Q - Question Asked To You the Most: "What?"
R - Relationship/Partner: None currently.
S - Sport: (Playing) swimming, wrestling; (Watching) Baseball, Swimming, Wrestling (pro and amateur), international football (aka soccer)
T - Television Show(s): WWE, West Wing, and Scrubs (best comedy on TV)
U - Unsavory characteristic(s): I am right...always, introverted, instigator.
V - Video (Favorites): The Manchurian Canidate, The Great Dictator, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, and The Prince of Egypt
W - Webpage (Favorite--not your own): stormwrestling.com
X - Xylophone (or other Instrument?): I played trumpet, baritone and tuba in High School.
Y - Year Born: 1977, Chinese Year of the Snake...I think.
Z - Zodiac Sign: Aquarius.



Peace

No comments: