Thursday, July 29, 2004

Miss Mary

Miss Mary
Please tell me
How does your garden grow

Miss Mary
Please tell me
How much your mother loved you
Though you never knew

Miss Mary
Please tell me
How to mend a broken heart
Many lives torn apart

Miss Mary
Please tell me

Miss Mary
_________

I went to the Museum of Contemorary Photography Tuesday night. While there I saw an amazingly moving exhibit. It was by Mary Ellen Mark. It was called Faulkland Road: Prostiutes of Bombay. The picture of Miss Mary moved me to tears.

It was left speechless after walking thourgh the exhibit. It is my prayer that the girls and guys stuck in the cycle of prostitution can break free.
________

Here is the text from the photo of Miss Mary:

Pulabai, a madam, with the baby of one of her girls in the brothel. The madam has named the baby 'Miss Mary'. The baby subsequently died when she was two months old of a high fever




No comments: