Wednesday, November 03, 2004

More:

I just read this Trippi's Take. It is encouraging.

One of the things I read this morning asked where they young vote was. It was supposed to make sure Kerry won the White House. Well, it turns out the 18-30 vote was there yesterday, and voted almost exclusively for Kerry. Infact, we are the ones who kept Kerry alive. Our numbers increased 1.7 million from the 2000 election.

Please read the above link. Trippi gets into the numbers and it is really amazing.

But the reason it sticks out even more is because of this:

"The organized Republican Party did exactly what it said it was going to do and pulled off a victory with an unorthodox strategy that they stuck to with discipline.

The unofficial, unorganized Democratic Party gave John Kerry 1.7 million votes yesterday over what they delivered to Al Gore in 2000, and fueled his campaign and the organized Democratic Party with the money and energy that kept it competitive with the Republicans.

No if we really want to find out what went wrong yesterday, it is time once for all for the organized Democratic Party to stare into a mirror and point at itself."

It turns out I am not alone in this fustration...excellent. Not only do I agree with most of the people I read but we have someone who matters on our side. (The quote is done, but I have no idea why the bold italics keep going...i did close them)

1 comment:

Justin said...

I know, but what makes me excited is the fact that even if the slice stayed the same size, the numbers grew. That is good for us all.

The 33-45 (I think that is the high end) was what surprised me. They went down.

Now, I admit, Rove did an amazing Job at getting the base out.

That is why I blame the party for not centralizing an effort like that. All of the GOTV stuff I got was from either the campaings (K/E and Obama) or the groups like True Majority and ACT.

I am rambling now...