Thursday, November 04, 2004

Values

I know I was not clear below, but my point was...what is the defenition of values?

I have heard until my ears bled, and read until my eyes have crossed that this election was based on "moral values." I think that is part of the problem right there. Morals and values...what are they? Who defines them? Should they be legislated? What standard should be used?

I know some of my fellow religious readers will answer one way. But I know some of my fellow religious readers will answer a different way.

I don't want to get into a discussion here about it. A very interesting one has already been disescted here and here.

I think if we want to start to heal as a country, we should begin by looking at where we differ on this "values" and work form there.

No comments: